WHAT IT IS?
Botox is a protein made from Botulinum toxin, which the bacterium Clostridium botulinum produces,it is a drug that weakens or paralyzes muscle. In small doses, it can reduce skin wrinkles and help treat some medical conditions.
WHO NEEDS IT?
- Wrinkles between the eyebrows, called frown lines, glabellar lines, or elevens.
- Wrinkles around the eyes, known as crow’s feet.
- Horizontal creases in the forehead.
- Lines at the corners of the mouth.
- “Cobblestone” skin on the chin.
HOW ITS DONE?
Clinicians use Botulinum toxin by diluting the powder in saline and injecting it directly into neuromuscular tissue.
It takes 24–72 hours for the toxin to take effect. Rarely, it can take as long as 5 days for the full effects to show. They may last 3–12 months, depending on the treatment.